Since 2016 Hope Community Capital has assisted clients to access, structure, and close diverse sources of capital needed to facilitate successful community development projects.
DEVELOPMENT FINANCE CONSULTING
Connecting clients to diverse and flexible sources of funding including New Markets Tax Credits, Housing Tax Credits, institutional and venture capital investors, and public and private grant sources.
- Capital raise and closing services
- Structure complex financing
- Evaluate various capitalization scenarios
- Develop project budgets
- Build multi-year operating projections for long-term financial sustainability
- Guide project owner in all aspects of decision-making process related to financing terms and conditions
- Assist with loan reporting and compliance
Hope Community Capital works with the project Owner to manage all development activities associated with the design, entitlements and construction phases of affordable housing and community facility projects.
- Comprehensive project management
- Site selection and management of site due diligence
- Project budget and schedule
- Create development proforma
- Financial underwriting and coordination with investors
- Evaluate building program and potential for sustainability features
- Team selection (design, GC, and development team)
- Entitlement and permit coordination
- Facilitate and engage project stakeholders in business, foundations, nonprofits, community leadership and all levels of government
New Markets Tax Credits
Working alongside CDFIs, Community Development Entities, Developers, and Project Sponsors, Hope Community Capital advises on the sourcing, structuring, and closing of New Markets Tax Credits.
- Identify and secure commitments of allocation
- Identify and secure innovative sources of debt finance (leverage debt)
- Bring diverse funding partners together in the NMTC structure
- Provide diligence for Project Sponsors as they evaluate finance sources
- Structure, negotiate, and close transactions which include NMTC
- Assist Project Sponsors in understanding their compliance requirements
Community Development Financial Institutions
Supporting CDFIs to scale impact in underserved communities.
- CDFI Fund Award Application Assistance for the Financial Assistance Award, the Capital Magnet Fund and New Markets Tax Credits
- Facilitate strategic planning
- Develop compliance programs
- Assist community development finance organizations to obtain CDFI certification
- Develop community impact tracking programs
- Assist CDFIs in developing new products, policies, and partnerships