Bridge Lake Point Waunona Neighborhood Center (BLW) serves Madison’s Southeast side with programs and services developed in response to needs in its community including a food pantry, community meals, a bilingual early childhood program, youth after-school and summer camp programs, and enrichment programming for adults and seniors.
BLW needs a larger space. BLW’s long-term goal is a new Center that boosts community cohesion and safety, provides programs and services in response to the needs and interests identified by residents, is led by staff from the community and a powerful volunteer core, and is supported by local corporations and residents.
Hope Community Capital (HCC) is proud to be assisting BLW in the development of the new Center as its development manager. HCC has been retained by BLW for the following:
- Define space needs
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis and recommend strategy and timeline
- Manage project from due diligence through financing and closing
- Manage timeline and deliverables required by the City of Madison
- Assist with hiring design team
- Advise on design and budget, including value engineering
- Coordinate financing sources
- Manage scheduling and budget issues
- Develop facility budget and priorities
- Analyze building portfolio and program needs
- Advise on energy efficiency and sustainability measures
- Develop facility operating pro-forma indicating the impact of the new Center on the operating cashflow of the organization
- Provide regular updates to BLW Board of Directors
- Advise BLW on post-closing requirements through the first full year, post-closing
With deep community engagement, a $2 million funding commitment from the City of Madison, and a capital campaign underway, BLW is on the way to achieving its vision of a new neighborhood center that builds upon the assets of the neighborhood and offers inclusive, accessible space for community to flourish.