Since 2016 Hope has worked with diverse clients to identify, access, and structure the financial resources needed to enable successful community development projects.
Sourcing, Structuring, and Closing NMTC Investments
Working alongside CDFIs, Community Development Entities, Developers, and Project Sponsors, Hope advises on the sourcing, structuring, and closing of NMTC.
- Identify and secure commitments of allocation from CDEs
- Identify and secure innovative sources of debt finance (leverage debt)
- Bring diverse funding partners together in the NMTC structure
- Provide diligence for Project Sponsors as they evaluate finance sources
- Structure, negotiate, and close transactions which include NMTC
- Assist Project Sponsors in understanding their compliance requirements
Identifying CDFI funding and guiding CDFI clients through complex application processes and compliance.
- Access government funding including the Financial Assistance Award, the Capital Magnet Fund and New Markets Tax Credits
- Develop compliance programs for CDFIs engaged in deploying CDFI Fund Awards
- Assist community development finance organizations to obtain CDFI certification
- Provide assistance to CDFIs in developing new products, policies, and partnerships
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FINANCE CONSULTING
Connecting communities to diverse and creative sources of funding as well as structuring funding, developing project operations and helping partners navigate the real estate development process.
- Structure complex financing
- Plan for long term financial sustainability
- Develop project budgets
- Build multi-year operating projections
- Work as a liaison between the project owner and diverse sources of financing
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION
Developing long term revenue and social enterprise strategies that support community transformation.
- Engage stakeholders in business, foundations, nonprofits, community leadership and all levels of government
- Tackle financing challenges and barriers to significant community development projects
- Work with social innovators to bring ideas to financial reality, for the benefit of society